A sabbatical leave provides faculty with sustained time to do their research and creative activities, develop new courses or programs, acquire new qualifications and skills, and network with colleagues within and outside of the University. A sabbatical leave is not granted automatically. Each request for a sabbatical leave must include details such as the nature of the leave, location, scholarly work, and activities.
Sabbatical leave applications for the 2024-2025 Academic Year are due no later than Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Sabbatical Leave Deadlines
Below are important dates for the sabbatical leave process.
- Applications for sabbatical leave should reach the Office of the Provost no later than Tuesday, October 24, 2023, at 5 p.m., for sabbatical leaves during the 2024-2025 academic year. The individual schools, college, or divisions will establish specific earlier dates for submitting applications to allow for peer review, evaluation and endorsement before our October 24 deadline.
- Any eligible faculty or academic staff member may submit an application for a sabbatical leave without the endorsement of the departmental chairperson, dean or director. Such applications must reach the Office of the Provost by Friday, September 1, 2023, at 5 p.m., and will be referred to the appropriate department/unit and/or school for comment. They will be treated in the same manner as other sabbatical leave applications. Completed applications may be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Applications received after the published deadlines or incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
- Sabbatical Leave Request Form (.docx)
- Initial Level Endorsement and Evaluation Form (.docx)
- For Departments/Centers, Schools without Departments, and the Libraries
- Intermediate Level Endorsement and Evaluation Form (.docx)
- For Departments, The College, and Office of Research